Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sidewalk tourism: ginkgo leaves

These are some images of the ginkgo tree I am so very fond of. I wish we had one, they're just such beautiful and interesting trees.







This tree is leafless now, much like most of the rest of the trees in the area. We've had a lot of cold spells lately and some strong winds. It was funny, because I snapped the first shot, and when I was on my way back to my car about an hour later — most of the leaves had fallen to the ground.

I've been planted in front of the computer lately working on projects. It's getting on Christmas shopping season, so I've been working on calendars and Christmas cards. I have calendars up in my Artfire shop: SunshineSight and in both my etsy shops: sarahknight & sarahkdesigns. I encourage you to check them out. I had a fun time picking out the graphics.

I'm happy to be done with my latest batch of projects and to just get to veg in front of the tv. I hope your fall is a relaxing one.

17 comments:

Sueann said...

Love the Ginkgo leaves too!! Beautiful!!
Our fall has been so beautiful and the weather couldn't be any nicer. Thankfully!!
Busy working on projects here too. No relaxing yet...another doll show coming up!!! Yikes
Hugs
SueAnn

Lesley said...

Gorgeous photography, Sarah! I don't think I've seen a Ginkgo tree- it looks beautiful.

Catherine said...

Your cards and calendars Sarah are so beautiful. As soon as I finish my final exam on Friday I will be able to concentrate on my Christmas crafts. You inspire me to get down into my craft room!!!

Happy Tuesday!
xo Catherine

MedaM said...

These yellow leaves look so beautiful against lovely blue sky! I don't think I've ever seen this tree in private. Thanks for sharing!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI Sarah, Beautiful pictures of the ginkgo leaves... I love the yellows of Fall--especially against that blue sky.. Very pretty... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dawn said...

I have never seen one of these before! What a neat shape to the leaves!!!!
Happy day to you....and a relaxing one too:0)

Hilary said...

Wow.. the leaves are almost like flower petals. Lovely.

Heidi Willis said...

That blue and yellow together are gorgeous!

I'm getting started on my Christmas stuff as well... a record early for me! :)

SouthernSass said...

Beautiful shots and the contrast with the blue and yellow is really great!

Steve Gravano said...

Gorgeous photos, congrats on you POTW.

Anonymous said...

Here via Hilary and your POTW award. I don't think I'd seen Ginkgo leaves before. Great capture (esp. since they were gone an hour later)!

Sandi McBride said...

How lovely, you serve your camera well.
Congrats on POTW
Sandi

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos of the leaves. We have two male gingko trees in our yard in eastern NC so their leaves haven't completely turned into their brillian yellow as yet. But when they do, they'll all fall at once... such a phenomenon!

Congrats on the POTW award.

Anonymous said...

What marvellous light you've captured! Just gorgeous.

Out on the prairie said...

The color can change and leaves leave us fast. I shot some fallen leaves two days ago still finding some color on a street named Maple.Nice posts, I enjoyed going through what you have.

Cricket said...

Beautiful and interesting looking leaves. Of course, now I'm going to have to find out what, precisely, a gingko tree is. :-P

Congratulations on your potw.

Julie G. said...

Stunning colorful shots of Ginkgo leaves! They certainly are lovely looking. A very pleasing shape. Your wonderful photos enhance the leaves beauty.