Friday, November 5, 2010

Autumn Leaves: carpet of leaves

I've been super busy with projects this week... I look forward to being able to just sit down and relax, preferably in front of some episodes of CSI:NY or Fringe or Bones.

Anyway, autumn is omnipresent, and we've had our first frost recently. This first shot with the carpet of ginkgo leaves — they were actually covered with frost when I took the picture.



It's always interesting when the leaves appear to represent all the colors of the rainbow.




Sidewalk compositions are just artful sometimes : )

Hopefully you're enjoying your autumn & keeping warm.

8 comments:

KJ said...

I just kind of want to take a running leap and dive into that picture. Gorgeous.

Hilary said...

They sure are. Some of my favourite photos in autumn and winter were sidewalks. Lovely collection here.

Debbie Miller @HooootOwl said...

Gorgeous Ginkgos and autumn views.

happyone said...

I think Ginkgo leaves look like mini fans.
I happened to post one of them on my photo blog this morning! :-)
Lovely shots of the sidewalk leaves.

Julie G. said...

Lovely autumn images!

Catherine said...

Wow ~ that one leaf almost looks blue ~ I love it!

Have a happy weekend Sarah!
xo Catherine

SouthernSass said...

They do look like a carpet! Great shots!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Beautiful, that second shot is so artistically styled, I love it.