Saturday, September 25, 2010

So, I was going to come home from work yesterday and get a bunch of stuff done... and was then reminded that the Fall Festival was going on. Stuff? Who needs to do stuff—especially when people with art & jewelry & fudge are set up in booths 2 towns away?

Yes, I have been to the Fall Festival, I now have more jewelry, some fudge, and some cookies; and I had half an elephant ear. Yes, I am such a sweet child that I gave the other half to my mother.

It was a fun hour. I'm one of those people that condenses fairs & festivals into the swiftest route. Hey, I still saw everything (much of which I actually see every year when I go). I generally always have to work on whatever day the event is happening — no one really schedules these things on a Monday or Tuesday so in theory I could dawdle at a leisurely pace. Yeah, I gotta go home & go to bed to get up for work...

Anyway, I got what I wanted: jewelry & fudge : )

I did take my camera with me, thinking I might take some pictures... but I didn't. I suppose I should have photographed the elephant ear. Anyway, it was windy as all get out. Hopefully no one's booth blew over. There were definitely literally some artisans holding down their respective forts.

I guess Fall is determined to make its presence known.

And in the spirit of fall, I have been rifling through some of my thousands of photos. Last year I had a lot of fun photographing the Japanese Maple...

Japanese maple in red

maple confetti

maple delight


These are available at sarahknight on etsy.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Those colors ~ they are so marvellous!!

xo Catherine

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Beautiful fall shots, I can wait to see more color around here.

Dawn said...

Hehe...Yep, I too ``condense`` the fair into the shortest route. Still getting enough out of it to say I saw what I needed to!
Pictures of everyone holding down their booths would have been a sweet Fall Photo opportunity.
But your leaves are beautiful too:)
Thanks for coming by my blog- I`ll be back!
Hope your weekend is full of Fall inspiration.....(your snowflakes are beautiful as well)
dawn

Sueann said...

Love fairs and festivals!! Glad you enjoyed yours'. Beautiful photos!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Becca said...

Fudge! I haven't had a piece of fudge in a while now...yum! Love the photos, we don't have those trees here. I love the fall colors. Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I also really like your painted self portrait.

Kelly said...

"...art & jewelry & fudge" -- sounds perfect! Glad you made it to the fair and brought some jewelry and fudge home. Yum! I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll get on that now...wish I had some fudge to eat while I read!!
p.s. beautiful fall color in the leaves!

MedaM said...

Lovely colors of these leaves and beautiful photos, indeed!
Thanks for visiting my blog and for you nice comment.:-)