Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Picture Story: cardinal song

...and Christmas is over, so now my free time is free again, well, sort of.

So, it's time to get back to work. This is my latest creation (which will be available at sarahkdesigns within the next week): cardinal song


It's one of those pieces that just kind of happened. I do, occasionally, actually plan compositions most of the time. But this one just came about. Mostly out of my need to produce a Christmas present for my grandmother. The woman has a living room full of cardinals (embroidery, figurines, paintings...). Well, that and she asked me to draw her something. A cardinal seemed like the most obvious thing.

So, I had the cardinal drawn, and I scanned it before I gave it to grandma as a gift. So, there it was sitting on my desktop (with a gazillion other files). So, through the magic of photoshop I cut the scan of my pencil drawing from it's background, and combined it with one of my many photos of the sky. Played around with the color a bit and added some filter layers (not unlike the filters in "warbling"). Put on a layer of sheet music, and added the musical notes... and voilĂ : finished composition!

4 comments:

cabin + cub said...

Cute cardinal! I wonder what song he is singing, if someone were to play the notes? Hope you have a Happy New Year!!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Brawner said...

enjoyed your blog..saw it on etsy thread

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm new here, I hit upon this board I find It vastly useful & its helped me out a great deal. I should be able to contribute & support other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See You Around